Sunday, January 01, 2006

subtle reminders

as i was waiting for my clothes to wash, i had gone into the lounge to chill and watch a little tube...a friend asked how the "eve" was and i was truly answering fine...low key...whatever...

it wasn't until i saw a champagne bottle on the television- a tunnel of vision took me to a time and place that i was barely remembering...it was just last night...then one by one my friends told me of things i had said or did- that i sincerely was not remembering...this is not my finest moment- but then daisy told me that i did nothing in which to bring shame on my name...i am so thankful for sober people-and their honesty...

it was an awesome night-what i remember of it...i hate it when the night ends with hiccups...somehow we ended up with an entire bottle of crappy champagne and since it was free we decided to partake...dude, do not go underdog on champagne...bad headaches, hiccups...papps said i said "i have to go home- i have the hiccups!" what? my life has been reduced to this small encounter with a diaphragm spasm...

i had more fun today hearing how much fun i had last night then i remembered having last night...i do not think this one of my better moments...but it was a fun moment nonetheless...

cheers to meredith and daisy for the good lip on the ringing in the eve...i can always count on you two...i am on my way to pick elvis up from the airport...we are almost all together again...the 'brew' is calling us all...8:30- i mean really, do they think that anyone can learn an ancient language before two cups of coffee and the today show? we shall see....

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger graysandpeas said...

If beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, coffee is proof that God pities us and wants us to not totally screw up our GPA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home