Tuesday, May 30, 2006

should i?

one of the detriments to being on vacation is that you find yourself satisfied with sitting in front of the american beast that sinks its claws into your flesh- the television...

over the last few days, i have spent too much time watching the thorn birds and wishing that meggie and ralph would just live and love while the commerical for eHarmony.com filtered in about every 13 minutes...

which made me think, is it possible that a computer match could actually put me with someone that i could actually live the rest of my life with? seriously? or is it that i am too damn proud to even deign to think a freakin computer match could control my destiny?

i admit- i have several strikes against me when it comes to dating...1) seminary student (which often gets followed with the "are you going to be a nun?" question...2) possible mission field call (that cuts the dating population to 2- and they are probably married already)...

the outlook is bleak my friends...so instead of waiting on the cosmos to spin and woo me as it may, i have beaten my pride down (with a wet noodle) far enough to seriously consider this...what do you think?

13 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Georgy said...

At this point, I am with you.......and just about willing to try anything.......

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Monica said...

some people, mainly myself, think this could be a sign of weakness...but you know, it could be an adventure as well...it was like brainwashing...the more i saw the commercial, the harder it was to resist at least thinking about it...Lord help me...

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am a former missionary and current seminarian...I have tried eharmony and blind dates...adventure is bad ass...I say try it and see. What the fuck do we have to lose in life? We will die! Will we live? That is the question.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

DO IT!!!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Monica said...

thank you my glorious friends...but to tell you the truth, i think my soul mate- if there is such a thing- is already in my life- but i don't know how or when it will ever be what i "think" i want it to be...

many thanks for the encouragement...

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Dude where's my soulmate?" shoud be a dating service!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Monica said...

i agree..sweet...dude...sweet...dude...

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Heh, what's the difference between being introduced to your "soulmate" on the computer or in an elevator? Ya never know. There's nothing demeaning about it. Best way to find out is to try ;)

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Monica said...

i know, i know...i would much rather prefer the elevator due to the fact that i can witness for myself what exactly i am falling for...glad you came to visit...your pictures are incredible...

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger astrocero said...

i live!!!

http://astrocero.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Oh? So yer saying looks are a big factor? ;) Course we don't wanna admit that, but we know it's true.... muhaha.

Hey thanks for the compliment, btw.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Monica said...

grant- so glad you are back...was fixing to adjust the links but no, you are back with vigor...on my way to check it out...

dave...looks are something...like...well, it just happens to be a factor...a big one for most people...wish it wasn't so and the whole world might be different...the show must go on, you know...

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Roger that, I agree and I don't exactly think it's a bad thing. Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home