Monday, June 12, 2006

BAM...

the bane of my existence is wrapped up in a small little world, tucked inside a tight knit community of people, which are entangled in the entrappings of academia...the world cup, beer, and studying a foreign language are the markings of an ordinary day...

it was two days ago that i was reminded of the world outside of my walls...happenings in chile prompted me to think about the larger picture...then, a casual conversation reminded me that while i celebrate and rate soccer teams on their looks, people around me, living within my walls are suffering...forgive me for not paying attention...

i'm not near naive enough to believe that the world is happily spinning with no pain- but when it gets closer to home, somehow the spinning slows down and things sometimes grind to a halt...moments of conversation transplant you back to a time and place that resound of the pain being described...when you know of others' suffering, does it hurt you like it hurts me?

it's not too far from the truth to say that i have shared 'emotional' situations with complete strangers...i chalked it up to coincidence...but today i was convinced that maybe i should not be satisfied with a mere 'coincidence' from persons i live with...am i that disconnected?

so now as the world is spinning more slowly, my gaze is laced with an intentional lens...as i walk, let me love with the greatest of loves...and suffer with the greatest of sufferings...it's out there, i know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home