Sunday, September 17, 2006

third time?

i had a i heart huckabees moment on friday during a theology session...which was being conducted at the pub...

coincidence 1- on thursday i was drinking a fabulous latte from jp's and i looked up to see a beautiful man looking back at me...he walked past me and i never made eye contact again...he looks like jesus...or my cultural context of what jesus might look like...long dark hair with riveting blue eyes...he possessed a quiet strength in the way in which he carried himself...

coincidence 2- at the pub, on friday, this same "jesus" once again walked by me and i had to have a double take because at first glance i didn't relate the two events...he sat at the same table- only a ways down so it was difficult to be casual in my longing to talk about the coincidences...he left before i did, and there was no contact- which in reflection, saddens me...

my question for the day is, will there be a coincidence 3? if so, i am ready to engage in conversation...if he knows about the movie, then he will easily understand that he is my sudanese refugee and that i have no detective for hire...well actually, mfdees has volunteered his services...

in all, i like to think the coincidences of life mean something...and who wouldn't when considering the coincidence is a beautiful man? trust me, i shall relate coincidence 3 if it comes about...which i am going to spend a good part of today dreaming about and of what could transpire if it so happens....

which brings me to- can i actually long for a coincidence? or am i negating the meaning of coincidence in longing for it? some people say coincidences are meaningless...i tend to think they cause us to dream...and today, i am okay with dreaming...

2 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger bcdees47 said...

You're once, twice, three times a coincidence...

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Monica said...

buckwheat style...uhnce, tice, bee tihes a wady...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home