Saturday, October 11, 2008

i heart louisville...

when ryan and mere picked me up, we drove around the city getting to the hotel...they took me to bardstown (where they live)...it was surreal to be with them in another city, another time - although their presence was as familiar to me as all those night behind currie...



the interview went well...the most feared question was "what does it mean to be presbyterian?" i had to confess, it is still being revealed to me...i grew up in the theology of independence of others...it is humbling to submit to a group of people...trust them to walk with you...praise or admonish you...not be able to make a decision without them or their own discerning...



i really had a good time...i can only hope they felt the same about me...i think i have to wait a little over a week to even find out what is up...it is possible there are other inteviews next week with other candidates...after something as good as yesterday, it's very, very hard to wait...the excitement is seeking a release...



the city is amazing...there are huge, gothic churches on EVERY corner of downtown...it's strange...they are all empty...

thanks to all of you who gave a shout out to me and remembered me all day long on friday...thanks be to God...for everything...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home