Tuesday, March 28, 2006

underdog is up...again...

i write to you on the eve of two special events...

1- at approximately 1100, i enter the race for student government president...i was nominated in the token underdog ticket...anyone who knows me, knows my passion for underdogs...i am humbled to even be considered for a couple of reasons- i feel a discernable loyalty to my running mates...one has been the dearest of friends, and one has tutored and mentored me through the trecherous language of hebrew...the other is a current fellow senate mate and i highly esteem all of them with the deepest sincerity...BUT, you could consider my present spirit to reflect the members of the George Mason University basketball team...seeded 11 in the tourney, they have eliminated the top of the top...they made it to the final four...all because no one told them they couldn't be there...i am currently the 11 seed in the midst of the final four...i am just glad to be here...

2- at approximately 2000, i will be giddy with glee as i watch my favorite band sing to me the melodies that have permeated my world for several months now...for those of you who have been eager to watch the dating game, there have been a few debacles...so my experiment didn't go as well as i had conceived...thanks to my UK man for trying to hook a girl up...too bad you couldnt' be here yourself...good times would have been had...there are moments when i have thought to myself, "sister, just go ask so and so to go with you..." but truth be told, the chicken within is clucking hard...to grant's beard, i wish that i could envision something lasting- but i have some reservations about starting a relationship with an alterego...no offense...it's too late in the game for me to pursue this less travelled road...good luck to you though...i am glad i get to meet grant in a little over a week...i am anticipating some crazy fun...

so, to all of you who wake up today and think it might be an underdog day- go in confidence that you are not alone...let's embrace it together...

ps- joseph and shelly and em are going with me to death cab...they all make my world a better place...

4 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger bcdees47 said...

"i have some reservations about starting a relationship with an alterego...no offense"

That might be the funniest line I have read this evening. Kudos for that and for your position on alter ego relationships. For, as all we Christian know, they are not to be tolerated, and verily incur God's wrath!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Monica said...

i can humbly say that your contributions to my world make it a much livlier place...dude, seriously, you rock...

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am deeply offended, grant is not an alter egom he is just some poor sap i take advantage of, is it his fault that his pebble sized brain is not efficient enough to realize his goose is cooked? as for relationship's, baby, i was only trying to go to the death cab show, do you know how many vulnerable young women in need of "hugs" and i the beard there to provide! it was a masterful plan, and you just a pawn, so congradulations clay county girl, you have won this round, for now, good day.
p.s. i am going to hit grant because of you, it is all your fault, look at what you made me do!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Karen Wagner said...

Monica, You are awesome and less of an underdog than you think. Thanks for being my friend, my neighbor, my singing buddy, and an inspiration. You are AWESOME!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home