Monday, July 31, 2006

sans top...

i happened to take a quick road trip the big town of amarillo yesterday...just to see some family and enjoy a drive in the jeep- 103 degrees, hot and very, very windy...

so on my return tonight, i saw the thunder clouds building in the east...i haven't seen a drop of rain in months...so- i decided to stay sans top, and head on to fallstown...

i must say, most drivers probably tallied me in the idiot catagory, because the lightening was fierce...but, i drove on, knowing it would be a good experience...and it was...i had a minor epiphany about what it must feel like to know there is a threat and wonder if the threat might actually hit you...i tried to imagine all the war torn peoples who live in extreme difficulties minute by minute...i am tired of hearing of nothing but war...i want it to stop...right now...and i prayed that if there was anyone who was feeling what i was feeling, but at a much more intense level, they might be delivered tonight and see the stars again with no looming danger...

i know that bombs and whatnot are not encroaching on every person tonight...the danger lies in different areas...divorce, disease, depression, poverty, domination...it's truly overwhelming...God let the stars shine as well for them...from a little simpleton in fallstown usa...

9 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger bcdees47 said...

Whoa, I thought this post was going in a completely different direction when I read the title ;)

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Monica said...

i get that a lot!! sans top has some implications...one time this guy yelled at me, "do you always drive around with your top off?"

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger astrocero said...

so, do you drive with you top off offten?
next question, wanna go on a road trip? haha

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Monica said...

it's a good thing you are headed to austin...this could be loads of fun...:)

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger astrocero said...

that last comment was not me! ps, i am now blogging almost every other day, enjoy!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger McKnitter said...

Sorry I missed you in Amarillo. I got in late from Abilene and had a lot of last minute stuff to do with the family...

You and I have driven with the top down many, many times ;-)

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

random question: at the COPM retreat, we sang a hymn with a guitar at one of the worship services...what was it?

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Monica said...

it was oh love that will not let me go...one of my favorites...:)

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger PPC Young Adults said...

Sounds like your driving was a thought provoking experience. I am pretty despondant about the Israel/Lebanon situation. People there are far from experiencing what we take for granted . . . a choice in food, hot showers, the ability to take a walk. Scary.

In other news, I'm now a blogger! I have one really lame-o test post on my blog, but I hope to have a longer post today.

Love you! Can't wait to see you!

Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home