Sunday, September 21, 2008

connected..we're all connected...

okay...i crave for someone i know to watch LOST so i can talk about all the essential elements of the show and what it means...i know - what does it mean? it haunts me at all moments in time...

so i stumbled upon some crazy tool on facebook...i wanted to write on doug's wall and i typed in doug's name in the search box and apparently didn't put in his last name...to my surprise, 9,000 doug's came up and for the first 12 pages i had friends in common with them all...some of them i knew...many of them i did not...but it amazed me as i clicked on "mutual friends" i was astonished yet pompous in my confirmation of - we're all connected...

in LOST, each character was connected with at least one other character before they all landed on the island...tonight i realized that my friend mary is mutual friends with friends that i went to college with in undergrad...facebook is my technological version of LOST...all it takes is typing in a name to realize how small the world is...some of us were convinced of this prior to facebook...now we have a tool to make a philosophy tangible...

some part of me wanders how shallow this is...but part of me thinks this is freakin amazing...so i am lost in facebook...just for fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home