Monday, September 22, 2008

asante, asante...

one of my good friends from seminary is now a phd student at vanderbilt...he is studying ethics and society along with a myriad of other topics...he recently pointed me to a new project that he and his colleagues are working on to further a public discourse on race, religion, and society - from the african-american point of view...

the internet publication is called The Call and Response...as i read many articles posted last night, i became acutely aware of how much non-dialogue goes on among many of us regarding race and religion...asante was especially patient with my southern white self in seminary...he tolerated my elementary questions and persevered to bring me into a conversation that expanded and highlighted my own racism...my own misunderstandings...

what i am most proud of is that this man chose to include me in reading the struggles that are still prevalent in today's america regarding race...i encourage you to click and read...it may be a beginning for some...it may be a source of expertise for others...nevertheless, it is worth the journey to hear the voices of a new generation speaking to the church and society on issues that affect all of humanity...enjoy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home